now browsing by month
Bridges are always overwhelming. Bridges help connect places that have never been connected before. Everyone drives their trucks, bikes, cars and trains over them regularly. But, what if you are told that there is a bridge for boats and ships too? Yes, it does sound a little kiddish, but humans, the greatest engineers have made that possible. Water Bridges are purely a wonder of modern engineering. They are also known as the navigable aqueduct, which exactly means a bridge that carries water and allows a boat or ship to navigate. Even a thought of this sounds unique and dactylic. Acting as connectors between channels and canals, these water bridges are incredible achievements of engineering and are certainly perfect places for fanciful and dreamlike experiences over water.
Some of the water bridges from all across the world are:
Magdeburg Water Bridge in Germany
The Magdeburg Water Bridge, the largest navigable aqueduct in the world, started in the year 2003. It is a connector between the Elbe and Havel channels, and is also a streamlined bridge cross over 918 meters.
Aqueduct Veluwemeer in Netherlands
It is 25 meter long open flowing water exactly above an underpass in the center of the Veluwemeer Lake, well known as the Aqueduct Veluwemeer. It is a perfect connector between Netherland and Flevoland – two of the largest and artificial islands in the world.
Pont Du Sart Aqueduct in Belgium
Well placed in the western Belgium, Pont du Sart Aqueduct weighs about 65,000 tons, nearby the town Houdeng-Goegnies. This enormous structure was constructed to carry the Centrum Kanaal water channel, which is one of the largest of its kind.
Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in UK
Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is the longest and the highest navigable water bridges in Britain, which was formed in the year 1805. This is 307 metre long and 38 metre above the river flowing below. The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct also comes in the list of world heritage sites. Exploring this amazing destination will be on the top of your must do list.
Aqueduct Ringvaart Haarlemmermeer in Netherlands
Ringvaart Haarlemmermeer Water Bridge is the oldest in the city of Netherland. It is in the shape of a circle well enclosed by the Haarlemmermeer polder – a low-lying expanse of land surrounded by dikes. The astounding structure creates the borderline of the Haarlemmermeer municipality, and makes for a lustrous sight to look at. Come and experience a completely new place.
Bali is everything you can hope for on a vacation. Staying in one of the luxury hotels in Bali is bliss. The island offers a platter of all good things, from beaches to temples and paddy fields. Pick one of the Bali hotels and you are in for a joy ride.
- If you are into beaches, don’t miss the Seminyak beach, Kuta and also Sanur. You can explore surfing, swimming and partying options while on these beaches. Seminyak has plenty of chic retail outlets, bars etc, and is one of the most happening beaches in town! Also, if you are looking for luxury accommodation from among the many Bali hotels, you should choose Seminyak. Many of the luxury hotels in Bali are located in Seminyak.
- Do temples interest you? Bali is indeed the right destination for you then. Bali is full of temples, and you could pick a couple of them to visit, if not all of them. One of the most commonly visited temples is Tanah Lot, which is situated on a rock and offers stunning views of the waters, the sunrise and the greenery. It takes 45 minutes to get to this temple from Kuta. Closer to Seminyak is the Pura Petitenget, where some interesting ceremonies are held on the beach. Uluwatu is yet another stunning temple, and you can catch a performance of the Ramayana there. The temple is also close to the famed monkey forest, which is full of macaques.
- You can’t visit Bali, and not explore the Ubud area, which is the cultural headquarters of the island. You can explore the many temples, museums there or explore the volcanoes and go on a rafting session on River Agung. Also, visit the villages and the lush green paddy fields that Bali is famous for.
- If you opt for one of the luxury hotels in Bali, you should not miss on the spa experience. Bali is known all over the world for its massage therapies. A five-star hotel in Bali is bound to offer many packages. One of the therapies is called the Mandi Lulur which is all about exfoliation and softening of the skin. Experience a nice Balinese massage session and you are all set to step out into the island for another day of adventure, shopping and exploration.
- If you are in one of the Bali hotels, you can also get a taste of the rich cuisine of the island. Try the food that the island is famous for, from tiger prawn dishes to an assortment of seafood dishes cooked with the best of Balinese spices. Enjoy an exotic dinner with views of the Ocean in candle light as you sip some of the finest cocktails your restaurant offers! Bali is well and truly a great sensory experience, especially if you are staying in one of the luxury hotels.
The best time to visit Bali is during the April-October season. So, pack your bags and head to Bali now!
When visiting London you probably haven’t thought of romance, but the truth is that if you are looking for a romantic weekend break or you want to take someone on a romantic getaway, then London has quite a bit to offer.
With so many great opportunities for that perfect romantic date night, London has become one of the top choices for couples on their honeymoon or just looking to get away and enjoy some quality time together.
Hyde Park is a large open space in the heart of London and somewhere where you will find couples picnicking under the trees. One of the most romantic ways to spend a leisurely afternoon in Hyde Park is to hire a row boat on Serpentine Lake, a man-made lake. The perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon before taking a stroll hand in hand around the lake and just enjoying the peace and tranquillity this park provides.
Another great romantic way to spend a sunny afternoon in Hyde Park is horse riding. Take the Rotten Row bridal path, enjoy the fresh air and beauty the park provides while having good fun on horseback.
Looking for something special to do with your loved one, then Greenwich Park at sunset may be the perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy each others company. The park boasts spectacular London views, and as the sunsets and the lights turn on, London comes to life in front of your eyes.
The London Eye
The London Eye is an iconic landmark in London and also the largest observation wheel in the whole of Europe. This comprises of glass capsules which take you more than four hundred and forty feet above the River Thames where you can enjoy some of the most spectacular views. When it comes to romance, enjoy this thirty-minute ride in your private capsule. The London Eye has been witness to many marriage proposals and couples who are looking for that something special to remember while in London.
Columbia Road Flower Market
Columbia Road Flower Market takes place every Sunday and is a chance to walk hand in hand and go through all the flower stalls. Once visited the stalls, you can make your way through the antique stores, boutiques and galleries. It’s a chance to explore parts of London while enjoying a romantic side. Sit and enjoy coffee at one of the cafes and watch the shoppers go by.
Hampstead Heath is exceptionally popular with couples looking for a romantic picnic. This parkland offers fantastic views and spans over eight hundred acres. Everywhere you look is couples having a relaxing picnic and at such a large size, there is always plenty of room to find your own secluded spot where you can throw down your blanket and pull out your hamper.
Little Venice is always something you should explore when in London, but is also the perfect day out as a romantic opportunity. Set in North West London, you can take a relaxed and leisurely walk along the canal, enjoy the peaceful surroundings while enjoying the colourful canal houseboats.
Another final romantic option in London is to ensure that your hotel will provide you with a wellness centre. Book a couples massage with a qualified technician and enjoy the relaxation it provides. You will both be in the same room; it is something to enjoy together when visiting London. Perfect for those wet days when you don’t want to leave the hotel in a hurry.